So you want to make your own CBD vape juice at home? If the answer is yes, then you are in the right place! Today we will discuss everything you need to know to craft your own CBD infused e-liquid from the comfort of your own home, including which ingredients you need, how to ensure desired potency, and more!
As we’ve discussed before, there are countless CBD vape juices available on the market. But for due to your own personal reasons you would like to craft your own delectable creations. And after reading this post, you will be equipped with the necessary knowledge to do so!
Are you ready? Let’s begin…
What You’ll Need to Get Started
Before you start thinking of vape juice flavors to combine with CBD, you will need the following ingredients:
- 99% Pure CBD Isolate
- Flavoring of Your Choice (Optional)
- Vegetable Glycerin
- Propylene Glycol
- Glass Dropper Bottle or Plastic Unicorn Tip Bottle
- Blunt Tip Syringes
- Latex Gloves to Protect Your Hands
- Digital Scale
Choosing Your Desired CBD Dosage
A very important aspect of DIY CBD vape juice is deciding on the CBD dosage. To avoid over dosing yourself with CBD, although you may not experience any side-effects, it’s important you are aware of the exact amounts of CBD you are putting into your e-juice.
If you are using the 99% CBD Isolate crystal as we recommend, each 1 gram container has 1,000mg of CBD. So if you were to pour the entire gram of Isolate crystals into your mixture, your vape juice CBD content will be 1,000mg per bottle.
Just because you have a full gram, doesn’t mean you have to pour the entire container into your vape juice mixture. You can opt for a lower dosage concoction by using a 1/2 gram or even a 1/4 gram.
If you want exact measurements for lower dosages, we recommend using a scale to weigh out the precise amount of CBD to produce your desired potency.
We have laid out some of the possible dosages you can experiement with to find you optimal dosage of CBD.
- 15mL Bottle with Full Gram: 1,000mg of CBD/15mL bottle = 66.66mg of CBD per mL
- 30mL Bottle with Full Gram: 1,000mg of CBD/30mL bottle = 33.33mg of CBD per mL
- 60mL Bottle with Full Gram: 1,000mg of CBD/60mL bottle = 16.66mg of CBD per mL
If you are looking for a lower dosage of CBD per mL, simply take your desired mg of CBD and divide it by the size of the bottle.
So if you want to use a 1/2 gram of CBD Isolate that would equal 500mg of CBD. Then you would divide that by your bottle size to get your CBD mg content per milliliter.
Instructions for Making CBD Vape Juice
Now that you have all of the necessary ingredients in order, it’s time to start making your CBD vape juice!
Remember, it’s important to ensure that you are using only the highest quality of ingredients. Not only for safety purposes, but also because if you use low quality CBD then the overall quality of your e-liquid will suffer as well.
Although you can choose to create your CBD e-juice in larger bottles such as 30 or 60ml’s, for demonstration purposes, we will be making a 15mL bottle with a 60/40 (VG/PG) ratio.
- Step 1: Decide how much CBD vape juice you would like to make, typically, DIYers opt for a 15mL, 30mL, or 60mL bottle depending on the quantity of ingredients.
- Step 2: Weigh out your desired amount of CBD using your digital scale, skip to the next step if you are using the full gram.
- Step 3: Using a syringe, measure out 9mL’s of vegetable glycerin and 6mL’s of propylene glycol.
- Step 4: Combine the PG and VG into your 15mL bottle
- Step 5: Add the CBD Isolate crystals to your PG and VG mixture
- Step 6: In order to get the CBD crystals to absorb into the vape juice, you need to shake the bottle every couple of minutes, for a minimum of 30 minutes. Once the crystals are absorbed your vape juice is ready to go!
If you leave your CBD vape juice sitting around, you may notice that the CBD in your juice begins to crystalize. Don’t worry this is normal due to the interaction with VG and will not affect the potency. If you notice this, simply shake your bottle for a few minutes and the crystals will dissolve.
You may have notice that we didn’t mention anything about adding flavoring to your CBD e-liquid. It’s not because we forgot, it’s because VG not only provides a sweet taste to your e-juice.
But more importantly, some artificial flavor compounds are reactive. Flavors like vanilla, although the additive is clear, the liquid will turn pink and eventually an amber color after about a month.
Additionally, there is no way to know if artificial or natural flavors interact with CBD. So adding natural or artificial flavoring to your CBD e-liquids is an available option that is strictly up to you!
Sure you can go out and purchase the already made CBD vape juices that are currently circulating the market. But now that you have the knowledge to create your own CBD e-juice, you now have the option to make your own custom flavors at home with the use of CBD Isolate.
Have you had some experience making CBD vape juice at home? Let us know in the comments below what your experiences have been, or some of your favorite vape juices you’ve created! I’ll talk to you in the comments 🙂